how do you keep spiders out of your house.....im so scared of the things!

falanlee

Asked by falanlee at 10:30 AM on Mar. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My husband goes to Lowe's and gets some sort of bug spray that he sprays around the perimeter of the house. When it rains, he has to respray. You could also hire someone like Terminex if you don't want to do it yourself.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:30 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• We get these huge black spiders in the spring. My cats used to find them and kill them. Now my cats are gone, I also spray around the outside.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 10:35 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• You don't. Spiders actually get rid of and/or keep away other bugs that aren't so great to have in the house. I'll take a few spiders over other creepy-crawlies.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:41 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• We havent found anything that keeps them out. We're in WA and we have wolf spiders and hobo spiders that love to come into the house in the spring/summer. No matter what I do I can't keep them out. Curious to see how this year is going to go since we just moved into this new house in November and we have 10 trees on like .25 acre lot and all are right up next to our house, and we also have recessed lighting that has holes that go to the attic, and already there are spiderwebs in them daily. Yuck.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 10:43 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• I let my spiders live to pp. They eat all the other bugs and don't bother me so live and let live:)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:43 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• I don't. I just let them live, unless I think they might be dangerous. Mostly, they stay hidden, so it's out of sight, out of mind for me.
    And DH has some as pets, so I guess that helped get me over any fear I used to have.
    Anonymous

• vacuum the webs daily. Get some kind of extension for your vac if you have to. Spray the adults when you see them and if you vacuum the webs, I think it will get the eggs.
    callmeann

Answer by callmeann at 11:01 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• Oh, and I forgot to mention, this not a quick fix but over time it has worked for me.
    callmeann

• I have struggled with this every year at this time! I don't mind the harmless ones at all but we have some that are a danger. I just found this stuff from Raid, it's called Bug Barrier. It kills on contact and deters for 12 months supposedly. You'd have to redo it after heavy rains of course. This is our first year using it but so far so good.
    Jessica157

Answer by Jessica157 at 11:16 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• We have a pest control company that comes in once every three months for $30 and sprays the house. If I need them to come in between the times they will. Stupidly the other day I had a window open and left a Coke on the window sill. Came back to get it and it was covered in ants! Now I have some ants show their faces once every so often, so I am calling them to come out ASAP.

Since we have had them come out every once in a great while we see a bug, spider or whatever but I am convinced it would be a lot worse if it weren't for having them come out. It's $30 once every three months, even we can swing that.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 11:49 AM on Mar. 22, 2010