Anyone a telecommuter or have flex hours? How did you do it? Any recommendations?

My son is starting preschool in the fall and it ends at 1pm every day. I really want to be able to pick him up every day (instead of a nanny).

Romamama

Asked by Romamama at 10:32 AM on Mar. 22, 2010 in Money & Work

• I telecommute. I've been with my company for sheesh, almost 16 years, started out in a suit every day in the office with almost an hour commute, but slowly over time our company evolved and now 99% of the company telecommutes. I feel so lucky that I can be home with my kids AND bring in good money....BUT, its hard to be a SAHM AND work full time at the same time! I actually miss a few days in the office where its nice and quiet, lol. My oldest starts kindergarten in the fall, so that will change things up a bit =)
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 10:41 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• This is something to discuss with your manager. I was lucky enough to be able to set my own hours and work from home about 50% of the time with my last two jobs.

Answer by rkoloms at 1:21 PM on Mar. 26, 2010