Pro-Lifers: If you believe life starts at conception, why do you celebrate the birth date and not the conception date?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:51 AM on Mar. 22, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• lol.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:57 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• it's a tradition. In the bible the only birthdays celebrated were of really bad people, including the king that had John the baptist beheaded. They celebrated it that way so that's why others do it too, out of tradition.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:58 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• Today is my conception date. We're going out for dinner tonight. :) We also celebrate the day I found out I was pregnant (May 18th). What can I say, I like cake.

Although I don't know how well I fit into the box of pro-life. I am certainly against abortions but I don't feel anyone has the right to decide what we do with our bodies.
    flitpixie

Answer by flitpixie at 11:00 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• U know I posed a similar question to DH. I wanted to know why we count the baby as being a week old or so forth when really thier 9 months already when thier born.... Maybe i'm just wierd.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:08 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• Uh... my guess would be that it's a hell of a lot easier to determine the day of someone's birth, than the date of conception. JMHO.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:19 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• I'm pro choice, but from what I hear some people do celebrate the conception date.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:24 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• Why would you want to celebrate your parents gettin' it on?

ew
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 11:33 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• b/c conception dates generally aren't spot on. in china (i think), however, they count age including the 9 months in womb.
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 11:44 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• I celebrate both. However conception is a smaller celebration, because most people would not show up. Also The conception dates is not an exact date they only know around when you conceived.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 11:56 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• I don't celebrate the conception date of my children b/c I'm not sure when they were conceived :)
    Luvmylilmonkies

Answer by Luvmylilmonkies at 12:05 PM on Mar. 22, 2010