False (almost) positive pregnancy test?

I took a test on cd28 (13 dpo) and got a super faint positive. I'm hoping it will darken in a few days, but we'll see. (My Clomid cycle is 33-35 days long)

With my son it was cd 35 when I got my bfp so I'm hoping I just tested too early. I didn't even bother to post a pic because it's seriously that light. But it does have some color to it so I don't think it's just the animal cell line (that will turn if it's positive) Plus I compared it to other negative tests of the same brand (it's an FRER) and you can't see even a hint of the line. I took a dollar tree test this morning and it was negative. Is the FRER a better test, hence the light line or was it a false positive?

I read that if the urine is contaminated, it can cause a false positive. And my husband and I had baby-danced that morning too. Would that cause it?

-Kiwi-

Asked by -Kiwi- at 11:39 AM on Mar. 22, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Your pregnant
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:47 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• A positive is a positive, even if it's faint. Congrats!
    StarsGoBlu

Answer by StarsGoBlu at 3:38 PM on Mar. 22, 2010