Would you attend a murder mystery party

There are about 8 of us in our group of friends. When we get together we always have our kids. I am thinking about hosting a murder mystery party. I think it would be fun.

izzybear0217

Asked by izzybear0217 at 11:42 AM on Mar. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

• If it was all my friends attending yes. I think it is wonderful idea. I am sure your friends will have a blast.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:43 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• I haven't done one of those since I was in the 8th grade :D but Heck yes I'd go! It's a lot of fun!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• no
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• We did a Murder Mystery Weekend at a B&B a few yrs ago.. It was a blast! It was about 12 Moms, no kids... I'm not sure how you would do it with kids but if you do then I say go for it!!
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 12:16 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• I forgot to say we wouldn't have kids. Its going to be an adult night
    izzybear0217

Answer by izzybear0217 at 12:19 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• Yes - I went to one not long ago and it was a lot of fun!

Answer by missanc at 12:49 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• I went to one as a fund raiser for a Community College once. It was okay.

I recently heard this radio program about people who have loved ones who were victims of violent crimes and murders. One of the big points that these people made was that murder is not entertainment. If you look at our culture, there is so much murder and violence in our media and our activities. It's pretty much impossible to fight it though. This idea of murder mystery dinners though was one of their major bones of contention.

Hey, I'm not here to rain on your parade though. Like I said, I've been to one myself. This post just made me think of that radio broadcast though. I'll post a link if anyone is interested in it.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 12:54 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• http://www.thisamericanlife.org/radio-archives/episode/342/How-to-Rest-in-Peace

Here it is.

WARNING: It can be very graphic and upsetting at times. Don't listen to this if your children can hear.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 1:00 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• cool........ can i come?
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 1:33 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• yes

Answer by admckenzie at 1:41 PM on Mar. 22, 2010