What does the HC bill mean for you?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/special/politics/what-health-bill-means-for-you/?hpid=topnews

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 11:46 AM on Mar. 22, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• It means I'm going to be forced to buy something that I can't afford as it is.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• it says that I might be able to get medicaid.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:49 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• Agreed. DH has been working contract only jobs for a couple of years now. You don't get benefits with those, but he makes too much to qualify for medicaid. We can't afford private insurance, but now we are going to be forced to buy it. We are really going to be hurt by this.
    AngelDawn7

Answer by AngelDawn7 at 11:51 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• Well it is a violation of my rights and as anon 48 said FORCED to buy something that I can't afford either. That is why I don't have it in the first place at this moment in time.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:51 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• It says I probably will qualify for Medicaid now.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:54 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• I think it is stupid. I have insurance so it wont affect me, but I think it is stupid cause that is why some people don't have it they can't afford it.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 11:54 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• Can someone link this, I can't get it to work
    Thanks!
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 11:56 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• Well, I put my information in. As I stated before, I will be required to pay for insurance. It will cost me about $400 a month. We live on a very tight budget. I don't have an extra $400 a month which is why I don't have insurance now. Now I'm going to be forced to pay for something I can't afford. Thanks!
    AngelDawn7

Answer by AngelDawn7 at 12:00 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• We have insurance and I think that more will be deducted from our pay stub to sustain our current Health Insurance. We recently got a letter from the insurance stating that we will paying more out-of-pocket extra fees. And we are expecting to pay more taxes. Taxes that will be used to maintain the Dems Health Bill.

During Bush Administration and with the same Insurance we have today we were provided with excellent care. Believe it or not.
    Energ8zr

Answer by Energ8zr at 12:01 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• i think its a good idea in some ways but in the other hand i think that its really dumb becuase we are going to be forced to get insurance....my fiance gets insurance through his work and we pay for our sons through a private insurace... there is a reason some of us dont have insurance...we cant afford the high prices and fining us for not having it is rediculuos
    jaksonsmommy

Answer by jaksonsmommy at 12:02 PM on Mar. 22, 2010