our baby is namesless and will be here any day! :(

We have ALWAYS had the name Brady picked out.... for YEARS. So of course when we found out months ago that its a boy - we announced to the world his name, Brady James. (James is my husbands deceased brothers name - middle name is a must - not optional). WELL - NOW all of the sudden I woke up one night and decided I might like to name him after my stepfather who adopted me. Anthony. (Anthony James) It would mean SOOO much to my Dad. He would just be so touched. He is probably the most excited person in the world to be having a granchild any day now. I REALLLY dont know what to do! I keep fighting with myself. I love Brady - bc I do not knowANYONE with a child with that name. Its unique in my area.... Anthony on the other hand is very common.... I like the idea of having a unique name - thats why Brady has ALWAYS been my choice. oh my gosh---- I need some advice, seriously, I am due NOW!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:55 AM on Mar. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

• How about Brady Anthony.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 11:56 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• I might add that my "real" (whatever real means) father - would be crushed by me naming him after my stepfather.... a small reason i lean towards brady... sometimes.... he was neer there for me - so i really shouldnt care what he thinks, buti have a heart, so i do care..... any advice moms???
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• Don't feel bad, our daughter didn't have a name until 3 days after she was aborn because we couldnt decide on her name,lol. It was between Aubrey Rose and Delaney Rose, we finally went with Aubrey.
    How about Brady Anthony James? A lot of people have 2 middle names.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 11:58 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• gramsmom - oh, i wanted brady anthony actually - but the middle name james is for my husbands brother who died.... so i cant change it. either brady james, or anthony james...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• How about Brady James Anthony??
    Rjmjpappy

Answer by Rjmjpappy at 11:59 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• Why not let him have 2 middle names. Brady Anthony-James. It's not that uncommon. I knew a guy named James Ivan-Xavier.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 12:00 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• Why don't you wait to decide when he's born. You might feel he looks like an Anthony than a Brady, or vice versa.
    jreneei

Answer by jreneei at 12:10 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• We finally narrowed our choices for our son down to two names the night before he was born. It was the day after he was born that we made a final decision. We were definitely using my FIL's name for the middle name, but the first name was either going to be my husband's name or our other choice. We decided to go with the other choice because we didn't want the confusion of having two people in our home with the same name.

My sister named her son after our dad, and her son is stuck with the nick-name of "Little ______". If you name your son Anthony he will likely end up with some sort of nick-name to identify himself within your family. I like using family names, but you really do have to think about what you'll call him to differentiate him from his namesake.  I'm not fond of using 3 names, but that is another option.

Anonymous

• My brother has to middle names for that reason William (after my dad), Jack (mom's dad), Grayden (dad's dad). I like Brady Anthony James. I wouldn't worry about your Dad. If he really cares about you he wont make a big deal.
    Anonymous

• I like Brady-
    Anonymous