What do I do now... DD's Dr does not have any avail appt for 4-six months!

Our insurance referred us to this new Dr, however when I just called to schedule my DD's 12 months appt, there isn't anything available for 4-six months! What can I do? We have military insurance and it just never crossed my mind that there wouldn't be an available appt for her.... so mad at myself for waiting until now.. her birthday is in April.. but I just did not realize civilian Doctors would have a wait like this?!

All4OneN1forAll

Asked by All4OneN1forAll at 11:56 AM on Mar. 22, 2010 in Kids' Health

• I would call the insurance and have them refer you somewhere else.
    Luvmylilmonkies

Answer by Luvmylilmonkies at 11:58 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• Yeah, try getting a new new doctor for sure. IF he is that booked, he shouldnt even be allowed to accept new patients.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 12:04 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• Look into a different doctor. I'm sure there is more than one doctor that they cover.
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 12:13 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• thanks ladies! just called insurance and they found us a new Dr quickly, so we are all set now! crisis averted.. LOL
    All4OneN1forAll

Answer by All4OneN1forAll at 12:34 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• this is so silly. all you had to do is get on the cancellation list. u military people think you are better than others and don't have to wait like the rest of us? that is so rude.
    Anonymous

• I would never wait even a month. Glad you found a new dr. Military families do not think they are better. Im sorry you are so bitter, Anon. It really is sad. I wish the best for you.
    Sillybillymel

Answer by Sillybillymel at 11:29 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• Sorry anon, it was not my intention to say military families are superior. I just have never experienced a wait of four to six months ever. And the new Doctor had to problem scheduling right away. Military clinics work differently than civilian, usually at our old clinic I would just call and they would fit us in right away, here there was a wait, and it freaked me out. But insurance found a military clinic nearby so we're all set now.
    All4OneN1forAll

Answer by All4OneN1forAll at 12:40 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• Try a new Dr.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 11:52 AM on Sep. 15, 2010