what do you think about the healthcare plan?

i know that there are a lot of good things about it but i dont like that if you dont get insurance then you get fined for it... what do you think?

jaksonsmommy

Asked by jaksonsmommy at 11:58 AM on Mar. 22, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I think you should go read the 25 other questions in this section.
    Anonymous

• It's too expensive and we can't sustain it.
    Anonymous

• I'm in healthcare, have a myriad of medical problems, am pro-life, and I think it SUCKS. I don't think people realize this will be RATIONED healthcare, which means EVERYONE will be waiting longer for a dr's appointment and diagnostic testing, the gov't will mandate which medications they think are okay, etc. It's total bull and people are just focusing on the fact that everyone will get to the doctor. They aren't thinking about WHEN people will get there. Hell, we could all be dead by the time we get an appt! I am also waaaaaaaaaaaaay against it b/c of the abortion issue. Planned Parenthood already gets a quarter-billion a year in tax money as it is!!!
    Luvmylilmonkies

Answer by Luvmylilmonkies at 12:02 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• There is NOTHING...I repeat NOTHING good about this bill.

We can't afford it. It takes away our rights. Our children will not know the America we know.

SHAME ON WASHINGINGTON!
    Anonymous

• I'm absolutely ECSTATIC! I don't believe the bill is perfect yet, but I do believe it's a great start to finally get the US on the same level as the rest of the civilized world. I grew up with Universal Healthcare, and I have NEVER had to wait to be seen and/or treated. And Luvmylilmonkeys, did you not watch the coverage yesterday? The President is signing an Executive Order to make SURE abortions will not be paid for with federal money.... It was required by the pro-life democrats before they would vote yes...
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 12:17 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• If Congress gives the Prez the authority to write/sign an executive order to overturn a LAW they will have created a dictatorship.

Within 10 years we will be in a single-payor health plan. That is, except for the lawmakers and federal employees who enjoy their own healthcare plan. They will NOT be subjected to the universal health plan. Sounding like Marie Antoinette yet?
    360

Answer by 360 at 12:51 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• I think debtor's prisons will make a MAJOR comeback!
    Anonymous

• OH, please, Anouck! How gullible are you? You really think this president is going to issue and executive order to remove abortions from the funding? Is that like his promise to have all the deliberations on CSpan? Is that like his pledge not to allow lobbyists in his administration? Is that like appointing a supporter of such radical deviant agenda groups as NAMBLA as his Assistant Deputy Secretary of Safe Schools? (there, I didn't say 'czar' does that help?) This is a president you think can be trusted to keep his word? Besides, EOs are not real policy. It is carved in ice. He and congress can work around it just like working around the existing prohibition of federal $ for abortions by giving giant federal subsidies to the largest abortion provider in the nation, freeing up their other funds for abortion purposes. It's a smokescreen. You're prochoice, right? You're okay with this order? You don't seem too worried.
    callmeann

Answer by callmeann at 1:04 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• after Obama passes his Amnesity bill for illegals (making all illegals, legal, overnight!) all illegals will have better rights then we do (including health care) We Americans will be really Scr%wed!

Anonymous

• obama is ALL FOR abortions and even supports Partial Birth Abortions (ya know, when a FULL TERM baby is killed during the delivery process)
    Anonymous