getting tubes tied.....

does anyone know if i can get my tubes tied with only having 1 child. my husband and i don't want anymore children. and i am fine with having my tubes tied. do you think that the doctor will "alow" it or do i have to be a certin age?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:13 PM on Mar. 22, 2010 in Health

• you have to be a certain age or with so many children.
    mrsjosey1018200

Answer by mrsjosey1018200 at 12:19 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• I all depends on the doctor. My sister was 33 with 3 children and her doctor said he wouldn't do it until she was 36. I was 21 with no children and my doctor was fine with it. He felt I had solid reasons and a future plan so he did it.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 12:22 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• PLEASE Google 'PTLS'

Then consider HIM getting snipped.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 12:36 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• have to disagree with mrsjosey1018200, but it depends on the doctor. I know someone that had it done at the age of 28, and didn't have any children. She wasn't even married yet- about 2 months away from the wedding.
    if you want to do it that bad I imagine you could find someone, but I urge you to do research on the matter first- such as do you want to face things like post tubal ligation syndrome. - many women go into menopause early after it among many other things-
    early menopause does not just mean that you'll be lucky enough to not menstruate, it can put you at higher risk for many illnesses to say the least-
    so why is it you want to do this? do you have medical problems that make it not a good idea to carry a pregnancy?
    if it's just a convenience thing- such as not having to worry about birth control, my suggestion is put the surgery off-
    Anonymous

• It depends on the doctor. I had Essure done (alternative to tubal ligation and vasectomy) and had to go through 3 doctors before I found one that would do it because I was only 21 and had 2 kids.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 5:03 PM on Mar. 22, 2010