how do i

keep my boys from always being on each other? I have a 6yr old and a 4 yr old and they are always hugging and kissing anlaying on eachother. Now I don't mind a little brotherly love here and there but everytime i turn around they are on eachother and a few times we have caught them kissing eachother on the mouth! Its making me and my husband and his mother very uncomfortable. How do I stop this behavior? TIA

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:35 PM on Mar. 22, 2010 in General Parenting

• IDK what to say, why do they do this? why don't you just tell them thats not how family is to other family.A hug hello & a hug or handshake good-bye is good,ahy?I hope they don't share a room.Hasn't dad done anything?
    Anonymous

• I don't think their behavior is inappropriate.
    Anonymous

• explain to them why it bothers you. and tell them it's ok to love your brother and to be affectionate but explain the boundries. (sorry about the spelling it's hard to type with a three year old on your back :-))
    Anonymous

• in our families kisses on the mouth is normal. my DD is 20 months and drives her brother 6 crazy loving on him. we just say....its okay to show affection, but we need to stay off of one another.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 12:44 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• Thats a tough one but i would start getting on them by saying ok thats enough no more and maybe also sitting them down and talk with them and just tell them that that kind of behavior is inappropriate and that you can give a hug and a kiss on the cheek when you first see each other or when saying good bye or goodnight or when sad or hurt but other than that tell them they need to stop... hope this helps thats tough this is just an idea so good luck
    Anonymous

• OP here- I told them all these things and no matter what everytime i turn around there they go all over again. and yeah they have to share a room for now until we find a bigger place. and anon :41- if ur 2 sons were constantly laying on eachother giving eachother kisses on the mouth (and i dont mean a quick peck hi or bye i mean all up in eachothers face kissing) and all over eachother like that u wouldn't see anything wrong with it?
    Anonymous