Not cool, am i right?

My DH has invited over my MIL to stay this weekend. Without seeing if i'd be ok with it. That doesn't bother me so much ... but, she gets here Friday night, and leaves Sunday afternoon. My DH is going to be working from 6 am - after 7pm on Saturday and has told me that once he does get home home from work, 'I probably won't be available to hang out, cause I've got stuff I've got to do". This pisses me off!! Don't freaking invite your mother (who I have serious issues with) and then not even be around to do stuff with her. DH just dropped her on me like I'm supposed to be ok with it! I don't care if he has her come visit - but do it when YOU can do stuff with her instead of forcing me to entertain your company! ugh! Am I just being crazy about this, or am I right to be incredibly annoyed?

MariposaKsr

Asked by MariposaKsr at 12:42 PM on Mar. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• totally not cool!
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 12:45 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• no, i would be annoyed too. if you invite someone to visit you should be there to spend time with them. but just tell hubby since it was his bright idea to bring her over, he's gotta hang out with her after work (and that 'other stuff' will have to wait)
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 12:45 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• Why invite her if you're not "available" to spend time with her. That's ridiculous and um, yes, I'd be WAY pissed.
    Anonymous

• is there a reason that YOU shouldn't have something to do all day sat?

if its that big an issue already, just make yourself scarce.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 12:47 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• UGH! Men. They just don't have a clue. No, that is not cool. Well, whats done is done, right?All you can do now is try to make the most of it. Maybe you and you MIL can have some special "bonding" time and after she leaves..you should invite 10 old ladies over and offer your husbands services in entertaining them without him knowing and you take off for the day. Think revenge,lol.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 12:48 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• Not cool at all. I mean, I have a great MIL but she lives on the opposite side of the country, but if my hubby invited her for the weekend and didn't check with me, well I'd still be okay with that. I've learned to sort of go with the flow on some things. BUT to bring her there and then make excuses that he has things to do, well I'd be real suspicious of that. So what kind of plans does he have? Where is he going that you can't go with him? Why did he bring his mother to your house so you have to stay home while he goes out? Nope, not cool at all. If I were you I'd find something to do that night as well and leave them all behind.
    TarLion

Answer by TarLion at 5:10 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• not cool at all if you have issues that makes it even harder. Sorry momma think positive it will be over soon.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 6:47 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• Ahhh My DH is wonderful. We talked about it and (after a couple of days of talking about it with him off and on) he realized it wasn't a very cool thing to do. So he told his mom it'd work out better if she'd come on a weekend when we'd both be available! She's not coming this weekend! YAY!!! mmmm such a good man! :)
    MariposaKsr

Answer by MariposaKsr at 1:51 PM on Mar. 24, 2010