Just trying to figure out what is average??

PLEASE answer ANON I don't want to know who you are or anything, I am just curious how much money (if any) that you have in savings? For the first time in my life I have over $10,000 in savings, although I know it won't last long, I love seeing those numbers. Any tips on how to save? What are your saving strategys? Thank you!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:49 PM on Mar. 22, 2010 in Money & Work

• My husband has $50/wk come out of his check and it goes directly into our savings. Out of sight out of mind, however in a bind it's nice to have it there to use IF we need too.
    Anonymous

• we have $100 of each of my checks go directly into our savings
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 12:55 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• We have $90 every two weeks go directly into savings but we always end up using it. So for now we have nothing. I hope to get a PT job after I recover from recent surgery. Hopefully we can get out of debt and start saving soon.
    Anonymous

• we send $500 a month ot our saving and $300 a month to the kids' savings. we have an automatic withdrawl set up for every other friday. it's easier not to spend it when it's only in the account for a few hours. we're purchasing a new vehicle soon and saving up for a house, so we do send extra money on top of that when we can.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 1:00 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• We have 200K in savings and retirement, which is not a lot, when you look at what things will cost when we retire. DH has 500 a month taken directly out of his check then we put another 500 in savings before we pay anything else.
    Anonymous

• We make $30K a year with 3 kids and we have $4600 in savings. $100 a month goes into the account before we even get the paycheck and we've learned to budget without that money. We also add any extra bit we get from overtime, eBay sales, etc.
    Anonymous

• We have $16k in our regular savings account and close to $100k in our retirement funds. We pay our bills and put any extra straight into savings and don't touch it. Also we don't have any car payments or credit cards and we pay cash for everything....
    Anonymous