Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How to file for divorce.???

I have been married for 4 months, husband doesnt want to try anymore so we agreed on divorce. i havent seen him in a month. but what i am wondering is how i can go and file for a divorce, we both want it. but i called the courthouse and the lady told me i have to be seperated for 1 year. i would like to know the steps and what i need to do and about how much it would cost? if any of you have gone threw divorce could you please let me know how you filed and where you went to do so? thank you.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 1:04 PM on Mar. 22, 2010 in Relationships

Answers (3)
  • you have to look up the laws in your state.... sometimes they will give you a divorce if you've been deserted, but idk what amount of time you need for that. gl... hope you don't have to wait a year

    Answer by princessbeth79 at 1:11 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

  • My ex left me for another woman. I told my family and a friend of the family pointed me to a divorce attorney and I pretty much got a discount rate that my aunt and uncle paid for because I couldn't afford it. I was divorced 5 months after filing and we had been separated 7 months when the divorce was finalized. But I live in Ohio so it may be different here from where you live.


    Answer by NikLvsNick at 1:35 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

  • i am going through the same thing right now, and the people at the courthouse told me to get and attorney but i can not afford one at this time. so what ever advice you get im reading up on :) but good luck i hope You dont have to wait a year ( hope i dont either lol)

    Answer by Anonymous at 6:53 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.