When your in-laws visit your home Q.

My inlaws and parents are visiting and staying over for the weekend next month (for my daughter's bday). That morning I will be busy with the decorating and icing the birthday cake. Would it be ok if I just have a variety of bagels and cream cheeses for breakfast? I usually make eggs biscuit, bacon, and fruit for breakfast when they visit, but honestly I feel like I will swamped that morning. Is that rude to not cook for them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:10 PM on Mar. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• no.... as long as you have something for them to eat i think that's fine.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 1:12 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• My mother and MIL are both coming for my DD's bday next month as well. Between the two of them, I think THEY will be doing most of the cooking at my house. My mom has never been to visit (we are military stationed over 2000 miles away) but my MIL has been a couple times (she lives closer) and she cooked almost every day and night! I can't complain about that lol But IMO I think it would be fine to just have a "serve yourself" breakfast. If they can't understand that you will already be swamped with getting things done, that's kind of selfish! GL and happy bday to your LO!
    Anonymous

• Maybe you could offer some croissants or something too. not everyone likes bagels :-) But I think that would be fine!
    Jjoneslagrange

Answer by Jjoneslagrange at 1:36 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• Well that is better than what I offer on busy mornings, which is cold cereal. I think bagels is fine. They are grownups and capable of getting something else if that isn't enough.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 2:28 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• when my son had his 8th birthday an everything was crazy instead of me cooking i ask my mother an MIL to make a special breakfast for my son so he will know it's a special day..they both agreed an we still got the nice breakfast...just ask them.
    Anonymous