Why do people want to look ignorant?

All day people have been saying others are lying about what's in the health care bill, or spreading their own lies instead. Within five minutes, just about every single time, someone has posted links to verifiable sources like the congressional web pages or neutral news articles and web sites that show the original statements are in fact true or disprove the ignorant claims like pre existing care starts this year for adults, or that there is no fine for non-payment of insurance.

Why would you make these kind of statements without checking their accuracy BEFORE you post them? Do you like looking ignorant and being proven wrong? It takes all of 30 seconds to Google something and confirm it before you type it. Why don't you bother? Some of the lies spread here lately are disgusting, giving false hope to desperate people based on what you think you remember. Why?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:13 PM on Mar. 22, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I think you could have said it nicer, but all in all you are right. People shouldnt post things that they dont know with an accuracy that are true or not. I think some people just like the battle, the argument and they like to look like they are right, even if its only for a moment.
    Anonymous

• Because someone out there WILL buy it unfortunately.

Anonymous

• claims like pre existing care starts this year for adults,

12. IMMEDIATE HELP FOR THE UNINSURED UNTIL EXCHANGE IS AVAILABLE (INTERIM HIGH-RISK POOL)-- Provides immediate access to insurance for Americans who are uninsured because of a pre-existing condition - through a temporary high-risk pool. Effective 90 days after enactment.

CBS News.

So then what does this mean?
    I posted this like, from a verifiable source, and it was ignored. I'm not TRYING to be ignorant, but I think this says that high risk individuals who are currently not insured due to pre-existing conditions will get access to insurance.

This is from an article posted yesterday on CBS News's website.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 1:20 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• And on a lighter note:

http://lmgtfy.com/
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 1:21 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• 12. IMMEDIATE HELP FOR THE UNINSURED UNTIL EXCHANGE IS AVAILABLE (INTERIM HIGH-RISK POOL)-- Provides immediate access to insurance for Americans who are uninsured because of a pre-existing condition - through a temporary high-risk pool. Effective 90 days after enactment.

That is a lie. Your source is from October. YOU are one of the reasons I posted this question. The snippet you quoted is not in the current bill. It has been reposted on blogs as current, but it is not. The truth:
    with the exception of prescription drug coverage for seniors and children who have been denied insurance based on pre-existing conditions -- are not expected to go into effect until 2014.
    THAT is from TODAY, not SIX MONTHS AGO.
    Anonymous

• Anonymous

• beckorc~ IMMEDIATE HELP FOR THE UNINSURED UNTIL EXCHANGE IS AVAILABLE (INTERIM HIGH-RISK POOL)--

I believe that was in the House bill (Oct 2009).. They passed the Senate Version yesterday.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 1:26 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• After reading large parts of the bill, it's not clear what is true or what is not. Much of it is obtuse, and parts seem to contradict each other. 

mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 1:31 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• Beck, I stand corrected... I have read too many versions... Pre exsisting conditions would be able to apply for some assistance in their care via government programs, not through the private insurance market. $5 billion in federal support for a new program to provide affordable coverage for those who qualify...

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 1:33 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• Okay guys, please instead of calling me a liar, let's be civil. (grlygrlz2 you are being civil I know).

Like I said, I am not TRYING to be ignorant. I got the info from CBS News Website this morning. It is dated March 21, 2010. Not October 2009.

Here is the link:

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20000848-503544.html

If it's wrong, then it's wrong. BUT I am not telling lies, I am showing the information that I came across. I'm not in the business of telling lies to people who I am CLEARLY not going to persuade anyway. What would be the point of that??
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 1:33 PM on Mar. 22, 2010