Am I the only one???

Who has regrets about becoming a mother? I thought this feeling was just the blues at first, but 10 months and two different medications later I still feel as if I was just not cut out for this like I thought I was. Am I alone in this, or is it a "normal" feeling? Will it ever go away?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:17 PM on Mar. 22, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes, it will go away. Are you "young" like did you get thrown into motherhood, was it unexpected?
    Anonymous

• My son is 5months & I feel like this all the time. I question if this was really what I wanted. I wonder if I'm doing it right. I miss my friends, going out, having fun, sleep, etc. However, it's not like I can change it, so I have to learn to accept it. It's not that easy though, at least for me...but I hope you are able to find at least some happy times with your lil one!
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 1:27 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• I am "young" I am only 22, but I am married and even though he was a surprise, he was a welcomed surprise to my husband and me. We were so sure this was what we wanted, to start our family young. It wasn't until he arrived that I realized I want to be young again and I'm not sure I'm happy about this whole motherhood thing!
    Anonymous

• It's a normal feeling. I had my DD at 22. My husband and I planned her for 3 years, so when we got pregnant it was wonderful! When she finally got her, I felt like everything around me was crashing down..fast. I knew the kind of mother I wanted to be in my head, but it was so hard for me to act out what I had pictured. Our DD just turned 1 last week, and all those feelings of doubt are gone. I love my DD with all my heart, but I still have my days where I wish I could turn back the hands of time and just "be me" again, even for a little while. Hang in there. It will get better even if you can't see the light at the end of the tunnel.
    piercedbeauty21

Answer by piercedbeauty21 at 2:02 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• You are SOOOO normal!

Answer by gdiamante at 4:05 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• i am 40, and started my family late...and i still have moments where i miss the good ol days when i used to be happy and carefree, and actually fun to be with! having a child is a drastic change to your life! one mom told me you don't even get thanked for all your hard work until the kids are grown :) that made me feel a little better when i heard it. try to focus on the little things that bring a smile to you!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 4:44 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• You're normal! It starts to get a lot more fun around 14 months in my opinion :) hang in there girl it'll get easier I promise!
    Kaitlyn0816

Answer by Kaitlyn0816 at 12:12 AM on Mar. 23, 2010