Shadow!!!!

Is it normal for a two year old to follow Mommy around EVERYWHERE SHE GOES? The toilet, the computer, the kitchen, EVERYWHERE???

Amber211

Asked by Amber211 at 1:17 PM on Mar. 22, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Yes, and it doesnt stop at 2 either. I have a 9 year old shadow named Joshua and a 13 month old shadow named Aubrey,lol. Sometimes I think it would be easier if I just stuck velcro to my ass and they can just apply themselves there whenever they want,lol.
    For me, it gets annoying once in awhile but for the most part, I'm just used to it and go with the flow. For my son, I try to get him distracted into doing something else, like giving him a job to do and my 13 month old when I;m in th ekitchen trying to cook and I don't want her to get burned or get in my way to where I trip over her I put her in her high chair with some cooking utensils and she "helps" me cook,lol.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 1:35 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• Yep.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:17 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• Oh i wish my 3 year old still did that.

KristaRene

Answer by KristaRene at 1:18 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• yea they are curious what you are up to
    Anonymous

• My DD is 11 months old and she does the same thing (along with the cat, so I have 2 shadows! lol) They just want to see what Mommy is doing and be right in the middle of it all! If this is annoying to you, which I'm sure it can be at times, tell your LO that Mommy has to be able to go potty by herself or cook dinner without them "under your feet". Maybe let them know when you are doing certain things, they have to go watch TV or play with their toys.
    Anonymous

• LMAO! I think so!!! Dd follows me around so closly that i stop and she runs into me!!! There is no "mommy space" in this house... everything I do it's "mommy, what u doing?". BUT on that rare occasion she does leave me alone she's getting into something. Otherwise, I give dd paper and crayons to draw when I do bills, a book to read me when I use the bathroom (she's potty training....) a cup with water and a spoon when I'm cooking. They like to help so I take advantage!!! I figure the sooner dd learns, the less I have to do ;)
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 1:23 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• Yes,.lol!! but I only have 1 and WOHM so It doesn't bother me.. the 2 times I've locked the door to go to the bathroom he will take his "tools' and try to unlock and bang on the door.. plus he LOVES to be my helper!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:41 PM on Mar. 22, 2010