Why is my baby's head so big?!!?

My lil guy is 5months 1week old. His height is at the 50th percentile, his weight in the 25th percentile, but his head is above the curve completely. He wears 3-6month clothes, but size 18month hats! I'm worried his head is way too big! His doctor hasn't mentioned anything but a joke here or there about having a noggin on the larger side, but it's really starting to concern me! Should I be worried or will he just grow into it?!

WannabeMommy87

Asked by WannabeMommy87 at 1:20 PM on Mar. 22, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Both of first two sons have big heads. My oldest has grown into it. I always blamed it on my dh, he has a big head, but then I say a pic of myself as a baby and apparently they got it from me :p
    He will grow into it.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:22 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• I should say, my middle child with a big head is only 3 so he hasn't grow into his yet, but I am not worried. The way I worded the first answer implies he is older and walking around with a beachball sized head. :D
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:24 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• my oldest also has a big head. his body will catch up sooner or later.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 1:25 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• Both my boys have big heads. DS can even wear daddy's baseball caps with no problem! I asked the doctor about it and he joked that "big heads hold more brains!", he wasn't worried so neither am I. It will be fine :-)
    Jjoneslagrange

Answer by Jjoneslagrange at 1:31 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• when my son was born he weighed ten pounds five ounces his head was 14 inches around. by the time he was one it was the size of a two year olds!!!
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 7:01 PM on Mar. 22, 2010