Would you leave your S/O if

he only said I love you two times in the past two years

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:20 PM on Mar. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• I think your gut is telling you something. I think THAT is what you need to look at. If you are not feeling loved, then that is a problem you need to deal with. If he can't change then you need to decide if you can live with it.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 2:21 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• No, it's not about saying it, it's about SHOWING it. Some guys (and women, too) have a hard time actually saying it, but show it in many other ways. Actions speak louder than words any time...
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 1:21 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• well my hubby constantly tells me he loves me but he doesn't show me at all, so i agree with anouck..... actions do speak louder than words.
    Anonymous

• he has only said it two times but its more than that he dont hug me kiss me anything yet we have quick sex almost every night he is a great father but is not here for me emotionally were is the cut off when do you say okay he dont love me no more

Anonymous

• Not until I talked to him calmly and tried counseling 1st. If after trying my very hardest, I saw no improvement or effort on his part, then I'd go.

-xoxo-

Answer by -xoxo- at 1:30 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• I have tried I have wrote him letters asked him to go to counseling he says this is me I am who I am but thats not true I understand the extra things where off after a couple years but I found a letter he wrote his ex wife after their divorce telling her he loved her he was sorry he did her so wrong just name it and he will do it etc etc ...now they were divorced for 4 years before we meet she is re married but I was like omg he never talked to me like that I never get that out of him ( yes i should not of read it but it was in a box we brought home from his old storage unit and we were throwing away most things and I could not help it I read it the next morn after he left for work ) maybe I'mcomparing me to her...he would always include me but the past 3 years its like pulling teeth for attention I put on 100 pounds and I think he is making me pay for it

Anonymous

• Mine won't say it at all. He says if I don't know then it's my problem. lol He's so funny
    Anonymous

• does he show you he loves you in other ways? he is a caring attentive man? if not, then I'd think about leaving. but not all people can easily say the words-
    Anonymous