Moms with tattoos..?

I'm a newbie, going to get my 1st one today~! :)

..how much does it hurt?

Is there crying involved?

chocolatluver

Asked by chocolatluver at 1:23 PM on Mar. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

• As prior poster said, it depends on where and how big. I have 2 tattos, and I'm a big baby with little to no tolerance for pain and I survived, and that says a whole lot,lol. Its not as bad as a person can get thierselves siked up for it to be.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 1:27 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• it depends on where and how big
    Anonymous

• Yes, the crying begins in about 2 or 3 years when you realize you've made a huge mistake and you can't afford to get it removed.
    Anonymous

• I cried alittle when I got my foot done but my shoulder blade didn't hurt that bad. Good luck and congrats
    chrissifaye

Answer by chrissifaye at 1:26 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• It also depends on your pain threshold. I have a fairly good sized one on my shoulder blade, and honestly, I didn't mind at all. Then again, apparently my pain threshold is pretty high, since everybody thought I'd cry, and the guy even said "I think you're enjoying this way too much", heh. I was singing along with the radio and laughing the entire time.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 1:26 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• yeah, it depends on your pain tolerance and getting it done right over a bone hurts more than in a more 'fleshy' area lol
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 1:27 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• Make sure you eat a little something beforehand. When my DH went to get his first one, he hadn't eaten and almost passed out.
    Anonymous

• Lol - I always love when those who don't like tattoos try to tell you its a huge mistake. I have quite a few - neck, spine, collar bone, sternum, thighs, hip, feet, arms and so-on. Yes, they hurt. It doesn't matter where you get it, its gunna hurt. Some places dont hurt as bad as others. Usually you have the worst pain in a boney place w/o a lot of muscle (IE rib cage, etc) Personally, the top of my foot and the back of my neck were the worst. GL! You'll be ok, all ya gotta do is sit through it and remind yourself that it'll be over shortly!

ANON 1:25 - She asked about the pain, not for your close minded view of tattoos!
    allfiller08

Answer by allfiller08 at 1:30 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• lol Kimberly, where on your body did you get yours? I'm a huge wuss when it comes to pain, too, but I'm toying with the idea of getting a tattoo..
    Anonymous

• I was told once that it's all about the pain the ink is a souvineer! :-) It's not that bad. The outline kinda hurts, like a cat scratch. but after that the area goes numb and you really can't feel it. If you've had a baby a tattoo is nothing :-)
    Jjoneslagrange

Answer by Jjoneslagrange at 1:37 PM on Mar. 22, 2010