Does anyone know if the Moby Wrap Baby Carrier is good for hold the baby while breastfeeding?

I want to buy a good baby sling that holds the baby while I breast feed... I've seen other mothers with one but I don't know what to look for.

Jrilo

Asked by Jrilo at 1:39 PM on Mar. 22, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I've never used one but there was just a report on the news about concerns of their safety. There were a number of deaths reported! A lot of women use them (I was going to get one with this baby), so maybe look into it more, I'm going to.
    meg613

Answer by meg613 at 1:46 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• That report was for the purse looking sling...not a wrap. geeze. From all pictures I have seen and people I have noticed talking about it on here...the Moby Wrap seems to be very good for that.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:51 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• The moby is good if wrapped for the cradle hold. I'ts forgiving, but a ring sling is easier for a quick cradle hold. Search on youtube for videos to see.

Just avoid the bag slings like infantino.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 2:02 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• the moby acutally ahs a specific hold for breastfeeding!
    Anonymous

• I used my ring sling for nursing. Sleepingbaby.net has a great assortment of fabric and lengths. If you look on youtube there are tutorials.
    vances_mom

Answer by vances_mom at 2:25 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• Meg613, it was only the bag-sling that was recalled. When used properly, ring slings, wraps and other baby carriers are perfectly safe. There is a HUGE recall of Graco highchairs right now, but that doesn't mean ALL highchairs are unsafe. I hope the recall doesn't deter you from trying a safe carrier for your baby. Baby wearing is so amazing for mom and baby! Good luck!
    vances_mom

Answer by vances_mom at 2:29 PM on Mar. 22, 2010