how do I let him know I wanna be his girlfriend...

I dont want to feel stupid, but we both know we like each other, we might as well be dating since we spend time together, take trips together and things like that. but for some reason, we still arent an official couple. so with out actually asking HIM to be my boyfriend, how can I let him know I'd like to be more than what we currently are?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:44 PM on Mar. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• Maybe he assumes you already know. If you really need to hear words instead of accepting his behavior as enough for you then ask him what your role in his life is. It's simple and not mushy. Some guys hate mushy stuff.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:47 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• Just be honest I was and it worked out for me :-0)

Anonymous

• My SO says "if I'm here, you're my girl. if I'm not, you're not". I love his simplicity!
    Anonymous

• My SO kept asking me to pick a date for us to be an "official couple". He wanted me to be comfortable with us being together since I have children from a previous relationship. Just tell him that you want to be an official couple. men don't read minds. It would be nice if they could but I still have to spell it out to my SO when he admits he cannot grasp WTF I am trying to say.

NikLvsNick

Answer by NikLvsNick at 2:00 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• what's wrong with saying to someone "what do you think about the idea of us dating?" I would think that either way he'd be very flattered!
    if the answer is no, don't take it personally- don't let it come between what you have.

but also keep in mind that dating this man may not be worth risking what you already have!
    I started up with one guy friend of mine- worst mistake I ever made. does this guy really make your blood boil? if not, then don't do it.
    Friendships can last forever- don't let anyone tell you it's not possible with someone of a different sex- I've got lots of guy pals and one friendship I would never end for anyone is with a guy I've known for about 20 years. My husband is my rock- but I feel very fortunate that I also have another man in my life that I care so much about and will always be there for me-
    but the idea of dating him makes me think - ICK- just can't go there!
    Anonymous