Race

I know that it's racist if you don't date someone because of their race, but what if you're attracted to someone initially because of their race?

yezay

Asked by yezay at 1:48 PM on Mar. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• everyone is allowed to pick who they are attracted to I am more attracted to african american men I love their features and skin tone now have a dated a white man sure I have color don't make a person its what is inside but you can have a preference and dont let anyone judge you for being who you are

Anonymous

• that's still a form of racism, not so much the typical negative racism though.

Anonymous

• You are attracted to what you are attracted to PERIOD. Not being attracted to pasty white skin, dark skin, Asian eyes, are ALL preferences that have nothing to do with being racist.
    Anonymous

• I'm only attracted to white people. I have never dated outside my race because I am simply not attracted to people outside of my race. Part of it is because how I was raised but part of it is my preference. I am friends with other races but I have never been physically attracted to them. Just always seen them as friends.
    NikLvsNick

Answer by NikLvsNick at 1:55 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• Honestly, I don't think either one is racist. You can't help what you're attracted to. I have friends of just about every race, but physically, I'm not attracted to all of them. And that's okay. You'd be racist if you didn't want to be friends with somebody just because of their race, but physical attraction is different.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 2:00 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• Is it wrong to prefer blonds over brunettes? I don't think that it's racist. Being "colorblind" doesn't mean we are to be ignorant of differences in people.
    mickstinator

Answer by mickstinator at 2:50 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• Yea I've never really been attracted to someone outside of my race before, not like this anyway. I love our differences though and the skin tone and the contrast between our different skin colors. If I didn't like him as a person than the attraction would have ended.
    yezay

Answer by yezay at 11:26 AM on Mar. 23, 2010