How much is that pre existing condition going to cost you???

I havent seen anything addressing COST if you fall outside the medicaid lines. Here's the thing. If you own a house you pay home owners ins. If you own a house that has the "pre existing condition" to flooding, you pay a WHOLE LOT more! I dont see where THAT has been addressed in this bill. Has it and I am missing it? If not that could be REALLY bad!

momof030404

Asked by momof030404 at 2:03 PM on Mar. 22, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I haven't seen that addressed either and I think you may be right... it will cost a whole lot more!!
    Anonymous

• I'm sure we'll all soon find out all the particulars.

Do you a PEC?
    I would think that if you did, you'd prefer to pay a little more than not being able to access coverage at all.
    Anonymous

• that was my first thought when I heard that they were not going to be able to turn you down for a pre-existing condition...exactly how much MORE is that going to cost someone, that they can't afford to pay?
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 2:13 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• It is free.................

mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 2:14 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• Supposedly health insurance companies are not going to be allowed to charge anyone more because they have a pre-existing condition.
    Anonymous

• By 2014, insurance companies will be prohibited from denying coverage to adult patients with pre-existing medical conditions or charging them more because of these conditions.
    trippyhippy

Answer by trippyhippy at 2:16 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• Your comparison is not too accurate, not everybody who owns a house has to have homeowners insurance, only if you still owe the bank, but if the house is free and clear you don't have to.
    http://www.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474978121489

Answer by older at 2:16 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• Anon....the point IS it may not BE a LITTLE more. My home owners went up by $2000 this year. I do NOT live in a flood zone. When I went to talk to the lady at the bank about it (to make sure it was the ONLY thing moving on my fixed interest loan) she told me she lives on the water and is about to have to sell because she cant afford her now $7000 a YEAR ins! You cant MOVE out of your BODY! So if it costs more than you HAVE what do you do THEN?

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 2:18 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

Please see my above responce.
    trippyhippy

Answer by trippyhippy at 2:20 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• GREAT! So EVERYONES Hc costs are going to SKYROCKET to make sure EVERYONE is covered?! The $$$$$$$ has to come from SOMEWHERE an ins companies have had no restrictions or regulations on what they can charge....soooooooLOTS of people wont be able to afford it! FANTASTIC. Yes...mean, selfish, ugly mne......WOULDNT it have been FANTASTIC if a bill had been written to REFORM this HC stuff to make it BETTER???

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 2:20 PM on Mar. 22, 2010