a week of groceries on $52.

can it be done?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:04 PM on Mar. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Where there is a will,there is a way I suppose. Depends on how many youre trying to feed with that amount.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 2:07 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• I think so. If you buy what you REALLY need like the meats and sides. If you just buy what you WANT then no....You have to limit yourself of what to buy.
    lovinthislife08

Answer by lovinthislife08 at 2:08 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• I feed my son and myself for $88 a month.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:12 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• That would be a really tight budget for us, but we have a family of four. It can be done, though. Google the cheapest family in America, this article/people will give you some great tips.
    Anonymous

• Yes. I just went to the dollar store and spent $32 and got almost all our grocery. But our dollar store has a frozen food section and fridge section.
    Anonymous

• I could not do it for my family, but yes if you are JUST buyign food, and just what you need to get through with no treats then yes. You can buy rice, dried beans, frozen vegetables, frozen chicken legs, and the ingredients to bake yeast bread and corn bread, and eggs. that should get you through with eggs and toast for breakfast, you can make chili with the beans and cornbread, bean soup, chicken and vegetables, chicken and rice, red beans and rice. You would have to drink water, and not snack, but it could be done I think.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 2:20 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• yep, I average about $200 a month for our family of 3
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 2:29 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• We have a family of 4 and spend about $45 a week.
    Anonymous

• That'll be a lot of ramen. I could never feed my family of 4 for only $52 / week. We're a hungry bunch and I never ever find any coupons for stuff we'd actually use.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 5:37 PM on Mar. 22, 2010