Eye infection in baby.

My baby has been having all that gunk on his eye's since he was at least 3wks old. he's 8mos. and it still hasn't gone away. He does get eye drops that have antibiotics in it. His eye's do clear up and a couple weeks later his eye's start to get all gunky again. Has anyone ever gone through anything like this? My doctor doesn't seem to know what to do. He just says to massage his tear duct with your pinky.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:07 PM on Mar. 22, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Breast milk cleared up DD's clogged tear ducts when she was a newborn. I'd pop her off while she was nursing and express a couple drops into her eye. She had pink eye a couple weeks ago and I did the same thing. It cleared it up in a day.
    vances_mom

Answer by vances_mom at 2:22 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• OP here. Wow! really breast milk? Luckily for me I 'm breastfeeding.
    Anonymous

• i did breast milk and tear duct massage. look up the massage to be sure you are doing it properly.
    good luck!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 4:27 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• Luckily for your baby! :) breast milk is amazing. When DD had a stuffy nose, instead of saline, I put a few drops of BM in each nostril. It's also great to put on scrapes and scratches. Because it is so full of anti-bodies, it helps break up mucus and kill bacteria.
    vances_mom

Answer by vances_mom at 7:28 PM on Mar. 22, 2010