DO you think it's right for kids to bring toy guns to a public park?!

Today I brought my 2 step daughters and there friend to the town park. And to my surprise there was about 10-13 boys paying with toy guns. Now I'm not against toy guns, whoever. The boys were rude to my girls and over took the main play ground equ. for there 'hideout' / station" to play with the guns. All day I heard 'im gonna shoot ya dead", 'grabs my bullets!' "bang!". I asked my SD's what they thought about the boys and the guns; they said "the moms are stupid, and i dont like them", "they should not be here i dont feel safe". I needed to vent, cause this rly bothered me and my kids.

benjix

Asked by benjix at 2:44 PM on Mar. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

• it wan't right for them to take over,but its fair for them to be at a PUBLIC park playing whatever they choose to do.I don't like guns,toy or otherwise,but I can't begrudge a little kid playing at the park instead of getting fat and lazy playing video games all day.
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 2:48 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• I say it's fun for them to bring there toys in public, however I don't think kids should have toy guns that look real to many people are accidentally shot that way.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 2:51 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• i dont think its right to have toy guns in public, esp with what they were saying...with all the young kids shootin up places it would freak me out, who is to say the guns are toys? they do have 'fashionable" guns now that come in pink and purple and decorated made esp for women to keep in purses and they do look like toy guns..they are smaller ones, one of those kid's mom could of one of those guns and their kids could of gotten a hold of it... and besides its teaching those kids its ok to play with guns in public.
    Anonymous

• http://www.trendhunter.com/trends/killer-weapons-women

check out these guns made for women
    Anonymous

• I like water guns. But I do not like violence, all in all though they are just little kids mimicking what they watch on television and movies. You could have easily took them to a different park? I would have if it bothered them or me as bad as it does you. Yahweh bless.
    Daphna28

Answer by Daphna28 at 3:10 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• these are the handguns i was talkin about they look like toys

http://www.dba-oracle.com/art_handguns_fashions_ladies.htm
    Anonymous

• http://www.hightech-edge.com/designer-guns-fashionable-weaponry/4612/comment-page-1/

Anonymous

• I think it's a bad idea.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 5:36 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• You can still tell those guns are real. There are many toy guns that look real and I find it stupid to have even made them. Though my kids toy gun you can tell are fake, and they know not to point them at people that's why I don't allow them to have squirt guns at their age any more. It ruined the teaching of not pointing the guns. It's called gun safety people use it. Every child should be taught it no matter whether their is a gun in the home or not.
    Anonymous

• wow, ty for al the feed back, and the web sites too.
    benjix

Answer by benjix at 1:12 PM on Mar. 23, 2010