Does loud music hurt my unborn baby's ears?

I'm six months. My husband is a dj and every time I go with him I worry that I'm harming the babys ears. Is it muffled enough to be ok? I surely wouldn't bring a baby on the outside around music that loud, so I was wondering....

MJ_BN_FE

Asked by MJ_BN_FE at 2:45 PM on Mar. 22, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I went to a concert recently( I am 26 weeks) and the LO just wiggled,kicked and jabbed me for some of the louder songs but my OB said it was fine and to have fun at the concert. ;0
    Anonymous

• baby is safe!
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 2:45 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• It's fine! Your baby has plenty of insulation in there, he/she might actually enjoy the vibrations :)
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 2:49 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• I actually asked a Dr. this and you really shouldn't be exposing your unborn baby to loud music or constant loud music. That was her opinion. i agree with it just because everytime I dropped something or was around loud music my unborn baby would jump or wiggle around.
    Anonymous

• I think the baby is safe but loud music hurts my ears.lol
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 2:51 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• I think your baby should be fine. One of mine LOVED it when exposed to louder music. He'd move and wiggle. Now, at age 5, he can pick out most musical instruments being played in a song, and he told his dad to stop channel surfing when he heard some classical. He can also sleep through just about anything.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 2:51 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• when i was pregnant w my first, we lived in a very loud complex in a college community. the baby often jumped when music started or for other loud noises. but her hearing still seems fine. and she can sleep through ANYTHING, so it has its advantages lol.
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 6:14 PM on Mar. 22, 2010