If someone misses their rogahm shot, what would happen?

I haven't missed mine and DO NOT plan to either, but I'd still like to know.

MJ_BN_FE

Asked by MJ_BN_FE at 2:46 PM on Mar. 22, 2010 in Pregnancy

• all of the answers above are correct, those are all possible side effects. if you missed it and your baby wa also rh-, it would not cause any problems at all, its only if the baby is rh+. in most cases, it would cause a problem for a furture pregnancy, since it is usually at birth that the babies blood could get into the mothers blood stream, so at that point the current baby would be fine.
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 6:10 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• I'm pretty sure the mom's antibodies would see the baby as an invader and attack it.

But don't quote me on that.
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 2:49 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• don't quote me either lol but i think it's only an issue if the baby's blood happens to spill into your blood which *can* happen during birth but might not. i don't know if it's like a 50/50 or if it's just like a 1% chance that it would happen. i also think they can give you the shot after birth if you haven't had it for some reason.
    Anonymous

• you can give birth to a stillborn
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 4:07 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• I believe that it puts the next Rh positive baby in danger. So if this is your last baby 100% it might not matter, but look it up.
    Anonymous