They admit the public is relunctant. Are you?

Associated Press:President Barack Obama is preparing to sign a transformative health care bill ushering in near-universal medical coverage for the first time in the nation's history — and then hit the road to sell it to a reluctant public.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35982527/ns/politics-health_care_reform/

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:49 PM on Mar. 22, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Nope, I'm fully on board. I guess having grown up in a country that's had Universal Healthcare for a loooong time, I can see the benefits :)
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 2:50 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• No, I'm pretty damned enthusiastic.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 2:52 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• I would have preferred to see what I was getting before I was forced into buying it. This administration is all about doing things backwards. I have a feeling that once he see's the anger (and we won't see him getting much of that on TV because they prescreen his audience and stack it full of supporters) he will stop trying to sell it and just tell us to swallow the bitter pill he has prescribed.

Anonymous

• even msnbc has online poll that shows 64% angry about this bill.
    http://politics.newsvine.com/_question/2010/03/21/4048693-the-house-has-passed-an-historic-health-care-overhaul-are-you-excited-or-angry
    Anonymous

• I don't think we should be forced after all it's a free country.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 2:54 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• I am reluctant!
    I am being FORCED to buy something I can't afford - not now, and not in a few years...unless we are also getting pay raises with this bill? Didn't think so.
    DH's company may let him go if they can't afford to buy him health insurance or be fined if they don't...then I guess we'll both be unemployed and living off the system - YUCK.
    Anonymous

• Democrats in Congress are giddy about forcing an unconstitutional mandate on the citizens of the US. I think that alone makes some Americans angry.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 3:00 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• We should have known all that was being attached before the vote.
    We needed reform-this plan, I'm not sure.
    In terms of the Constitution, there's always the amendment process-
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 3:06 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• Anouck - This is NOT universal health care. This is being forced to buy something you can't afford or be fined.
    AngelDawn7

Answer by AngelDawn7 at 3:19 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• Anouck, Thats what we like(liked) about America. It's wasn't like any other Country where you are forced to buy healthcare.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 3:25 PM on Mar. 22, 2010