Why are men so childish???

My SO and I are expecting our 2nd child in August and as of right now he is unemployed but watches our daughter while I work. I recently took our daughter to my moms for a week and once I came back I realized he did NOTHING all week but sit on the couch. When I ask him to clean he tells me he isn't my slave but he doesn't clean up after out daughter or himeself. I work 50 hours a week and come home to cook dinner, bathe my daughter, and get her to bed by myself while he does nothing. Why is this ok but when I bring up his laziness I am trying to make him my slave? HELP!!!!! Need some advice!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:54 PM on Mar. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• run and dont look back
    Anonymous

• They mature slower. I do think working parents should HELP stay at home parents. Our job isn't easy. How ever working parents should not hold as much house hold responsibility. My dh works I stay home, I give him simple chores, Trash, take turns taking out the dog, pick up after himself, rinse his plate, help a little on days off, give me a break here and there. That is less than any one I know asks of their dh and he can't even do it. Good luck.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 3:10 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• It's not okay. He is supposed to be taking the domestic role. Sit down and have a talk about dividing the household responsibilities so that you both feel like you're accomplishing something, but not overwhelmed.
    Anonymous

• I know I work the same way set a time limit then toss him. Iam about to leave he works but figures its all he has to do the rest is up to me. Even when there is yardwork to do he does not do it so sit him down explain what you want and set a time limit after move on. That is what I am doing good luck!!!
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 3:39 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• OP here- I do like to help him when I get home though I am exhausted. I am a nanny for 3 kids so sometimes it feels like my job never stops. If I don't help with her at night I feel like I never see her, but the problem is he plants himself on the couch and doesn't bother getting up while I do everything. I do ask him to do chores but he doesn''t do it or he "forgets". He can remember to play video games all day or go to his moms, but he doesn't clean. Sometimes he even tells me he was bored so he took her to his moms and I a, just like, "If you're bored, CLEAN UP!"
    Anonymous

• they don't do house work b/c they don't think it is their job. i am so sorry for you. i was going to give you some of my stories so you wouldn't feel alone...but i don't think it would really be helpful. the best thing i think is to try to control your anger and frustration, b/c it is not good for your health.
    good luck!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 4:17 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• Men think housework and kids are women's work.
    Anonymous

• A stay at home parent of either sex should do the majority of the chores, errands, exc. However I have noticed a lot of men were raised to think houe work and kids are woman'sszzzzzwqqqqqqR work. Though it is this is not right, but we have to change. Work with our dh and teach our sons better.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 6:54 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• My Grandma always says that in her time she didn't have this problem so much because woman were able to raise there sons, and would not tolerate disrespect like this towards woman.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 6:57 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• i agree with the first post run and dont look back!!
    Anonymous