Pros and Cons of Health Reform Bill

I would like to see the pros and cons of the bill.... I want to see everyone's view. No arguing, please. I just want to see what they are.

Not normally interested in politics. So I didn't follow it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:58 PM on Mar. 22, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Cons
    1 It up our taxes with out equally wages.
    2 It takes away the freedom of our choice.
    3 It still can be unaffordable and now you get a fine if you can't afford it to add to you expenses.
    4 Medicaid is not the best insurance and is still very limited to what is covered.
    5 It's unrealistic with our current economy.

Pro's
    It allows more people to qualify.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 3:05 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• The only pro I can see is that insurance companies cannot dump people because they get sick. If you are
    paying for your plan and it isn't in the contract they should not be able to drop you or refuse treatment
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 3:07 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• http://www.worldcorrespondents.com/new-health-care-bill-pros-and-cons-obama-health-care-plan-explained/881955

Answer by older at 3:10 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• CON: Healthy people who take care of themselves will have to pay for the burden of those who smoke, are obese, etc.
    I bust my ass to work 2 jobs, run, and stay healthy and the gov. wants me to fund the lazy disgusting smokers and the fat ass over eaters who are probably using their obesity as a reason to collect disability.
    Anonymous

• Thank you Older...... To me, some of those cons are Pros. and some of the "pro's are cons. It all depends on how you view it.
    Like eliminate the companies from kicking people that are sick. That is a definitely a pro there. It just plan stupid, to do that. When Health insurance should be there to "help" you if crap goes wrong, and toalso help you keep the crap from happening.
    Anonymous

• Anon at 3:20 PM I am overweight, and I do not over eat. I hardly eat at all. I am not lazy either. I go to the gym 5 days away and work my butt off. Please don't make a generalization. Not all "overweight" people are lazy, and over eaters. btw, I am not over 180.
    Anonymous

• Are there pros?
    Anonymous

• Your welcome OP!

Answer by older at 4:05 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• Pros:

■A lot of people who don’t have health insurance will now have health insurance.
    â– 95% coverage of legal U.S. residents under 65 will be covered. Compare this with 83% and dropping now. This is an increase of 32,000,000 people. (Those over 65 are already covered by Medicare either way.)
    â– Insurers will not be able to stop paying for people who are sick, even if they lose their jobs.
    ■People who cannot afford health insurance won’t have to pay as much money for it. If you are particularly poor, insurance will be very cheap or even free.
    â– People who are already sick will be eligible for healthcare.
    â– Medicaid availability will expand significantly
    ■Children will be able to stay on their parents’ insurance plan until they are 26.
    Anonymous

• Insurers must spend at least 80% of premiums on actual medical care.
    â– There will be a federally regulated insurance marketplace that should make health insurance more portable.
    â– The bill will reduce the deficit.
    â– Medicare fraud will be cracked down on.
    ■The prescription drug “donut hole” will be closed. (If you don’t know what that is, you will now never have to worry about it.)
    Anonymous