Help! I'm confused about BBT and CM

I originally posted this in the TTC group but no responses. I'm hoping asking this question among a broader audience might help get some answers.
Well my CM peaked at day 14 but my BBT spiked at day 17. Also, my cervix was high and soft at day 16 but Cm was not optimal. On day 16, it started to turn more lotiony instead of the typical dry up that's supposed to happen. So to me, it would appear that I ovulated on day 16 but that my CM was not condusive to acheive pregnancy. This is my first month charting. Also, I have the typical 28 day cycle. Can somebody please help me clear up my confusion. I have the book TCOYF and I'm reading all of the possible hormone imbalances and getting worried. DH is getting VR in the next few months and now I'm scared that I will be the one who is infertile.

modaddict17

Asked by modaddict17 at 3:48 PM on Mar. 22, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Day 14-16 was your window. And the CM was fine.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:59 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• Just because your CM isnt optimal doesnt mean you cant concieve. Just means that the sperm wont live as long. So if you did O on CD 16 and BD the day before or day of....you still have a chance, and a better chance of a girl!! They survive longer in the acidic CM....but dont freak. Only problem with those books is they start giving all the possible problem scenarios even though most women dont have those issues. And since this is your first cycle charting, you may not get your pattern down right away.
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 4:38 PM on Mar. 22, 2010