I need help/advice..

I'm 18 years old and I am pregnant. I talked to my sister and brother, they are both no help. They yell at me and calls me a screw up, and says that I ruined my life. They think I'm selfish for not thinking of the family. It hurts a lot to hear it over and over. I really want to keep this baby, my boyfriend is very supportive and we've planned everything out with school and work. I do not want to have an abortion just because of my family. Please help me, I don't know what to do. Everyone is against me..

jamieto

Asked by jamieto at 4:17 PM on Mar. 22, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Your 18 you can do what you want no matter what your family has to say.
    Anonymous

• first off congrats on the baby...being young and having a baby is a big committment, I applaud you for stepping up! I got pregnant with my first at 16, it is hard but you can do it, I did it alone without the support of my mom or the baby's father, here it is 14 years later and he is turning out to be a great kid. My mother used to tell me that I ruined my life but I walked and took the bus to school at 100+ degree weather just to prove her wrong and graduate high school and I did prove her wrong! Hang in there it will be tough but it sounds like you have a good start plus your SO is being supportive! Good luck!
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 4:21 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• I know it's my decision, but you know it's just hard to deal with being pregnant and dealing with my family is just hard.. I've been crying day after day because of my sister and how she's just not helpful and all she wants me to do is have an abortion.. i just don't know.
    jamieto

Answer by jamieto at 4:24 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• @ LuvmyFam6
    Thank you so much. I really do think I can do this.
    jamieto

Answer by jamieto at 4:26 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• I was lucky that my parents, albeit disappointed, supported my decision to keep my DD when I got pegnant at 17. I did a homeschool program (my choice..wanted to better my life, not hang out with the poor quality of people I was around), finished 6 months before the rest of my peers, and walked WITH my class at graduation when my baby was 6 months old. Went to college thereafter. My brother though, he was FURIOUS. But he's also anti-children. He had a vesectomy (has no kids) so it's not surprising. You just have to keep your head up, focus on school, plan for your baby, and make the best of it! See if your local area offers any teen parenting classes where you can make friends in your situation. I hope your family comes around! GL and congrats on the little one!
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 4:28 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• Do what you need to do, ignored the negative comments and take in all the good.... I'm 19, and when i first got married at 17 my mom was like your gonna ruin your life i'm like whatever... heck animals have babies at young ages, it doesnt ruin their life now does it?
    Anonymous

• I cannot imagine what you are going through. I am sorry your family is not supportive to you especially now when you need them the most. Just give this all some time. Don't do something you know in your heart you don't want to do. If you want to keep your baby then you should. My sister was 19 when she had her son. She went on to marry the baby's father, and now my little nephew is 21 years old. You can do this. Maybe join some parenting classes or there are plenty of books that are helpful to help you through. If you need a friend or someone to listen you can message me. Stay strong and focus on that little blessing you will have coming soon...
    Kellyjude1

Answer by Kellyjude1 at 8:11 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• I think if you are really ready, and want to keep the baby. Then thats what you should do! Don't let anyone else bring you down. Yes it is hard, and challenging at times. But so very worth it! I am so in love with my son. And wouldnt have changed anything! So good luck, and just remember look to the positive!
    KattieSkow

Answer by KattieSkow at 9:41 PM on Mar. 24, 2010