No Vegetables

My daughter is 6 months old and I started feeding her food about a month ago and the first time she had carrots she loved them and now she won't eat ANY vegetables. She eats cereal mixed with fruit in the morning and oatmeal banana cereal at night in between I try vegetables and meat mixed with vegetable she will not eat them at all. I'm sure this is not a big deal but is there anything I can do to get her to eat her veggies? Thank you.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:31 PM on Mar. 22, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• The meat is gross...
    Try mashing up realy veggies. My daughter will not touch baby food veggies but eats the heck out of real green beans, potatoes, corn, peas, and sweet potatoes
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 4:34 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• I was going to say the same thing. Get steamed carrots, sweet potatoes, etc. Babes like the real thing a lot better. Also if you keep trying them, attempt a veggie at the begenning of the meal, try to get her used to it, it may eventually work. Thats what we had to do with our daughter. But the meat is gross, I would just give up on that one, lol.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 4:38 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• make your own. they taste MUCH better.

sweet potatoes are great for babies.

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 4:39 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• You could try giving it a break for about a week or two then try introducing it again for a few days in a row. She might take to it better to it then. Or she may not like jarred foods at all. My daughter wouldn't have anything to do with them,lol. I just mashed up or cut up whatever foods we were having and she ate that.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 4:45 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• my baby likes his vegetables mixed with cereal, have you tried that?
    Anonymous

• /Give her table foods. remember food is for fun and experimentation before NOT nutrition, so it is okay if she refuses foods. It is normal for babies to be food snobs. One day they'll eat something and then not, and then decide they want it again. Read this: http://www.borstvoeding.com/voedselintroductie/blw/engels.html

amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 4:59 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• she is still young. but keep on trying. i prefer mashing my own food to buying baby food in a bottle like other posters. i usually wait a little longer to start solids though. even when kids are older there will be issues. i just keep giving them healthy foods, and rarely make them eat it, but eventually they do.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 5:09 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• Thank you everyone so much!
    Anonymous

• I don't think it's a big deal either, at this young age. But if you want to push veggies, I'd give real ones a shot.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 6:28 PM on Mar. 22, 2010