Graduates finger foods

hi, my baby is going to be 8 months next week and I just gave her the Graduates Bananna puffs..she made some weird faces but i guess she has to get use to it..anyone else try the puffs or cheerios yet?? i was nervous that it wouldnt go down right but i guess they dissolve in their mouth

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:32 PM on Mar. 22, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• She is the perfect age to start stuff like that! Just keep in the general area, keep a good eye on her when she is eating them till she has mastered it.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 4:35 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• When starting my baby on the finger foods, I found that most of the graduate foods were made too chunky for her and she ended up gagging on them. I got too scared to buy them anymore. I gave her cheerios to start with. And you know what, the regular cheese puffs were actually quicker and easier to disolve than the gerber graduates.I guess its all about how your baby handles it. Its like rocket science trying to figure out what to feed them sometimes,isnt' it? lol
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 4:39 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• Those puffs really are a waste of money. Give her regular table foods that she can pick up and handle.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 4:58 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• We used the finger foods for a while, but around 1 she stopped liking them and now refuses to eat "toddler" foods. Once she's able to feed herself, try cutting up fruit into very small pieces. That works really well for breakfast and snack time.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 5:53 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• Aww suck a fun age. We started with Cheerios and I was so nervous I would break them in half an then my boys wouldnt be able to pick them up, lol. Just watch her carefully and pay attention to allergic reactions. Have fun.
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 6:05 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• my son is almost 11mo and hes just now getting to where he will eat the puffs. He doesnt really care for the puffs, he just spits them out. He kinda liked the Mum Mum rice cakes, and they dissolve very easly! Lately hes been eating the graduate lil'crunchies, i chop them up into bite size circles, and hes done good with them!
    EthansMommy5

Answer by EthansMommy5 at 7:24 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• I started my DS on graduate crunchies around 6 months (chopped in bite size pieces) and then tried the puffs and he gagged. I waited about 2 weeks and tried the puffs again and he loves them. I loves feeding himself so much that he doesn't want me to feed him anymore ahh! I will try cheerios this weekend and see how he does. The yogurt melts are great also but i also cut them into quarters until i feel more comfortable with him eating. Little at a time i guess!
    DJsmom0725

Answer by DJsmom0725 at 7:43 PM on Mar. 22, 2010