How do I get rid of my back/sides fat1 I just can't seem to do it!

I am 27 years old and I have a 4 month old Sweet baby girl. I've tried eating right and exercising but nothing seems to help me tone up a major area of concern for me... Since the birth, my "back fat" has tripled in size. it grosses me out to look at myself from behind. I can't seem to find any exercise that specifically targets the back and sides. ANY IDEAS?

marydeblois

Asked by marydeblois at 4:33 PM on Mar. 22, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Lay on your back, knees up, hands behind your head, lift right elbow to left knee then back down and left elbow to right knee. Repeat as many times as you can.
    Anonymous

• Do you go to the gym? Rowing exercises are good for toning the upper back muscles. also the machine where you pull the bar down behind your neck. for the lower back, you can do upper-body lifts....position yourself on something that holds your legs in place, so you are sort of lying face down but diagonally, then lower and lift your torso up and down. This is good for the lower back.

You can also do core strengthening exercises which basically tone most of the muscles in the body. Hold yourself up in an almost push-up position, except resting on your forearms. Hold that position for 20 seconds, repeat 3 times. I do this every morning.

Other than that, just make sure you are eating the right amount of calories and doing enough cardio to actually burn the remaining fat.
    moniquinha

Answer by moniquinha at 4:46 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• keep on keeping on! any cardio activity will get rid of it along with a sensible diet. relax a bit, your baby is only 4 months old! you don't need to lose the weight faster than you gained it. i always found swimming is great, if you can get to a gym. i usually do weights and cardio.
    congrats on your baby!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 5:05 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• cardio is great but i actually have something..ive been doing a dvd that targets your abs and stuff..its helped my back fat and side roll..muffin top.. its great.. id love to help ya but other than the dvd thats all ive had luck with..never had luck with sit up or anything even dieting.. but now im conquering it!
    mommy2ys

Answer by mommy2ys at 7:53 PM on Mar. 22, 2010