Babies/ Kids/ Accidents

Yesterday I had my first little accident with my 7 month old son. MY son woke up in the morning I picked him up out of his crib and put him on my bed to change his diaper. I didnt leave him on the bed by himself, I was literally standing right next to the bed. Well I bent down to get a diaper, I keep them by my bed all the time. Well as I go to get the diaper the next thing I know as i am coming back up my son rolls of the bed. Now thank goodness my bed isn't super high compared to some beds but still that fact that it happened it killed me. Well my bf wakes up and tell me what the hell am I doing. OMG! he made me feel like the worse person in the world. He made me feel so much worse then I already had. I felt like a horrible mom. I know I am not a horrible mom, I love my son with all my heart and would do anything for him. Thank goodness my son was ok, just a lil shooken up.

Well my question is has this ever happened to you

ilybaby8609

Asked by ilybaby8609 at 4:43 PM on Mar. 22, 2010 in General Parenting

• I think the worst is when you go to take the baby out of the car and smack their head on the door frame. Ouch!
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 4:46 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• Don't feel bad! I have 4 kids, and it has happened to all of them. My oldest, I was on the bed with him, sleeping, and my mom came in and when I rolled over, I pushed him off the bed. I didn't know he was there, my mom had put him there after I went to sleep, I felt horrible! My second, rolled off the couch, a friend of mine left him there to go grab a diaper, and he kicked himself to the edge. My 3rd, my dad dropped her off the couch. My last one, my husband left her on the bed to take a nap and she rolled off. None of them has permenate damage. All of them I freaked out over though. Thought if I just would have done.....(paid betetr attention, warned someone to not leave them, etc.) then they would have not fallen. It happens though, and it will generally be okay. Don't feel to bad.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 4:47 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• yes..and i've done worse
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 4:48 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• It happens.Glad he was okay!Both of mine have fallen off the bed once.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 4:53 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• It happens. Sometimes you let them roll off, or others do..sometimes you just flat out drop them...or like the other mom said, hit their head on the door frame. Don't feel bad.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:53 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• haha, yes. I was lying on the bed with DH and DD and she was on the side and hadn't been rolling over yet, the first time ever she rolled over, right off the bed! LOL Thank god we always put the pillows on the floor, just in case something like this happend. Actually, she didn't even cry!

Another time I went to the grocery store and she was in her infant car seat. We let her out for a few min while I was carrying her. We put her back in the car seat, finished shopping and drove home. After we got home we realized that we hadn't strapped her back in her car seat.. OOOOPS! So yea, don't worry, crap happens to everyone!
    Anonymous

• Yes, it happened with both my kids, oops. Thankfully they wear just fine. My SO is a very nice and laid back guy, he would never ever make me feel like I am a bad mom. I am sorry your bf made you feel that way, Part of motherhood is making mistakes, we just have to accpet that. We are not perfect, even though alot of women think they are. Oh and to the above, about smacking your kids head on the car door, I have done that too.
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 5:33 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• :( i bonked my baby girl's head on a table today...it's okay, momma.
    Wheepingchree

Answer by Wheepingchree at 6:17 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• yep, and it wi.l probably happen again, and just wait, your bf will be in charge when your ds gets hurt at some point as well.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 11:36 PM on Mar. 22, 2010