Anyone been to Napa Valley, CA?

Just wondering if anyone here has been to Napa Valley, CA? I'm going with DH for our anniversary and looking for restaurant/winery recommendations or other must see things. Anyone?

moniquinha

Asked by moniquinha at 4:49 PM on Mar. 22, 2010 in Travel

• Went w a couple GF B4 DS. Stayed in Calistoga at a place that had a steamroom in ur room and it included a mud bath and massage. Sooo relaxing. Then ate at a restaurant that has culinary school chefs.. I 4got da name of it but its a huge beautiful bldg n requires reservations. Of course wine tasting. Don't do the tasting after the massage. We wantted to sleep in after but didn't :/
    Also there's a train ride that goes to the wineries if they'd rather do that then stay at a hotel. Enjoy it!
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 10:46 AM on Mar. 27, 2010

• I've been several times, my husband is a wine rep. For a restaurants we love The Greystone Manor in St Helana, It's run by students of The Culinary Institute of America and for lunch we like the Oakland Grocery Cafe. Wineries depends on what you want out of the visit. If your a wine snob like me, Pine Ridge and Chimney Rock on the Silverado Trail. If you want interesting architecture then Inglenook/Coppola winery and Stagsleap. Sutter Home has a lovely B&B and you must get a mud bath in Calistoga. Man I want to go now :) Skip the petrified forest it's lame.
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 7:14 PM on Apr. 23, 2010