I just went to jail, and I need help with the "hangover"

I just went to jail for five days for not paying ticket fines. I hate myself right now, and at night I get scared (the arrest happened at night). I had to leave my child with my friend, it was terrifying! I was in the drunk tank for one night, and that was Hell! Then I was put with two other women. I have never been to jail before, it was the scariest situation that I have ever ever been in. They treat you like a dog!!! I hurt so badly for my child, because the last I had seen her, she was crying for me! Everytime I saw myself in the mirror there, I looked away! I don't know how to get through this, it has only been two days. Has anyone ever been through this before. If so, how did you get through the after-days? If you pray, please pray for me, and my child! It affected her, too.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:02 PM on Mar. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I have been to jail overnight twice, when I was still an active alcoholic (been sober for several years now). It was a horrible, terrible feeling. I felt like the lowest scum on earth in there. Your "dirty" feeling will go away over time, I promise. Just take it as a lesson learned and know that it's a place you never want to go back to, and make sure that you don't do anything to get there again! You'll be okay though :)
    Anonymous

• how about pay your tickets and you won't have to go through that! It was 2 days and it isn't suppose to be fun. Can't do the time don't do the crime.
    Anonymous

• Wow, I can only imagine how tough that would be! I've never been arrested or put in jail so I don't know exactly how it feels but I'm sure it was hell for both you and your lil one. Just hold her close,give her plenty of hugs and look toward the future and assure her (and yourself) that it won't ever happen again. I guess it would be kinda like a post tramatic stress situation, almost.Only time will get you through. I send my best of thoughts to you!
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 5:07 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• Wow anon, hope you can sleep at night being such a ...... Anyways I am sure you learned your lesson( hope you did anyways). You will get over it, and so will she. Just remember what happens when you dont do what your suspossed to do. Good luck.
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 5:25 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• Wow anon I hope you get the joy of making a mistake so you can see how it feels. OP I can't imagine how you feel. My dh went to jail though it was for only one night he said it was the worst thing ever. I was in juvenile hall once it was horrible but I've heard jail is so much worse and to imagine leaving my kids for it. Oh I'm so sorry. I say take it one day at a time. It doesn't make you a horrible person. Don't beat your self up so much.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 6:05 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• PLEASE BE NICE
    Amber211

Answer by Amber211 at 6:07 PM on Mar. 22, 2010