are you willing to boycott MADE IN CHINA ?

If you look in a store try to find something not made in china.. its hard... so if we all boycotted MADE IN CHINA. would America get out of this economy down fall of not having work and regain our jobs back and try to get our country out of debt. or do you think it wouldn't make a difference ?..

meNmine

Asked by meNmine at 5:05 PM on Mar. 22, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• It would be very hard to do for certain things. I'm all for it though, and go out of my way to buy American.
    I even make American products. I can't always buy American, but I'd say about 75% of the time I do.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 5:06 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• I already try my best to boycott China-made products. My kids are well aware of it too and do the same thing!
    thundernlight

Answer by thundernlight at 5:10 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• I do my best to buy American and local when possible. Food is where most money is spent after mortgage/rent. We shouldn't be buying Asian soybeans or Mexican oranges when we grow it here safer and better.

I boycott products made in countries that have terrible labor practices like child sweat-shops as well as products made to unsafe standards. The Chinese must laugh at us for buying all this cheap junk they export that is filled with lead, BPA, phthalates... meanwhile our workers who used to make quality products to high standards get outsourced.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 5:13 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• I already do. My kids hate anything that is labeled Made in China, as well as Indonesia, Taiwan, Hong Kong, India, Mexico, Guatemala, Sri Lanka, and on and on and on. But, there isn't much out there any more that is labeled Made in America anymore....
    29again

Answer by 29again at 5:15 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• I already do.
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 5:16 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• I haven't banned all... but I have banned all food from China. The other day I had to pop into Walmart for something, and it is near IMPOSSIBLE to find a single bottle of juice that isn't from China. I looked up and down the whole isle and finally found one bottle of organic on a clearance rack at the back of the store.
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 5:21 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• I agree with ecodani
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 5:23 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• I read labels carefully, and when I have a choice, I choose what is not made in China. I will do without if the store does not offer me another option or is not clear about the origin of its merchandise.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 5:29 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• If I could afford to buy the American made stuff I would buy it but I can't afford to spend more money on the same kind of thing just because it was made here.

JAIRATRACI

Answer by JAIRATRACI at 5:30 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• I think I probably could've bought all or most American made products 10 years ago. I was playing w/ DD the a few weeks ago when I got a sore muscle in my back. So, I just laid down in her room for a moment and closed my eyes. When I opened my eyes her toys were all around me and the first thing I saw was Made in China. Out of curiosity, I began randomly looking at the toys and discovered that EVERY SINGLE toy I picked up was Made in China! I was stunned. I'm not sure we'd have much to look at if we went all American these days. Sad.
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 5:48 PM on Mar. 22, 2010