how do you teach your children good sportsmanship???

We just taught my soon to be 5 yr old(may) to play Sorry. And you can tell he loves to play the game. First time we played he won. But has not since that first one. Well today when we were playing Daddy won. And I always try to tell him to say good game after, which he did. But the he looked up at me with this pitiful face and started crying and saying Phillip won. I felt so terrible this was the first time he did this. Now I could go with what my friend said let him win. But I look at it like he is not always going to win at everything. And you have to learn to lose graciously when you do. How do you teach your children sportsmanship?

JrSmOm2005

Asked by JrSmOm2005 at 5:13 PM on Mar. 22, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I forgot to put that we comforted him and let him know it was ok. But you can't win them all.
    JrSmOm2005

Answer by JrSmOm2005 at 5:16 PM on Mar. 22, 2010