I know you're all sick of it, but I have a question about the health care thing that was passed?

Ok, so basically they're going to have those who already have insurance like through their work and stuff pay more so those who don't have it through their work and stuff don't have to pay? Like I dont' get it...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:18 PM on Mar. 22, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• No, they are making EVERYONE pay for insurance. The only people who get "free" will be those who make less than $20k and those who are elderly and on medicare (or disabled/VA/same people who have it now). Everyone will pay more for insurance because the costs to the insurance companies is going to go up. Either you pay nothing now and you have to come up with a whole new bill every month, or you pay for it now and will probably see a rate increase. If you have it through work, your employer has the option to drop your insurance altogether and pay a fine instead (if the fine is cheaper it's better for business), and you get dumped in with all the other people paying full price. At the end of the year, everyone who makes less than $80ish k will get some portion of what they paid in back, but not all of it and the more you earn, the less you get back.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:22 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• It always concerns me when the post says "this health care thing." That says to me that you weren't involved in this before it passed and if that's the case don't whine later.
    Anonymous

• Not to be rude, OP, but there has only been around, what, 50 Q's about this just today. You are allowed to read other questions, and the responses to them. There is a lot of info about this out there already. I realize that you have not paid attention to what is going on, so you need to read up on this for yourself, from multiple sources, instead of coming in when it is over and saying what happened. Then, when you come across something that you don't understand, people can try to explain that bit more fully. Like I said, I'm NOT trying to be mean or anything, it is just that there is a LOT to this bill, and is hard to explain in the 940 characters we get on here. Although NP gave you a very brief synopsis, there is a whole lot more in it. Just google it, there are hundreds of thousands of sources to find out about it.
    Anonymous

• I hope you're posting that on every question on the first 3 pages of this section, anon :55.
    Anonymous

• well i have military insurance called tricare prime and i dont have to pay because its free. Nobody said we are included. i think the employer insurance is for civilians only. so i think my husband and i are good to go. I will not pay for military insurance because it is supposed to be free.
    Anonymous

• Like, *twirls hair around finger and pops a bubble for good measure* for REAL?
    Fawn80

Answer by Fawn80 at 6:17 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• i dont have to pay because its free

You're not very bright are you?
    Anonymous