Were you aware that when Conservatives use the phrase "Moral Depravity" it's usually a code for "Social Progress"?

Conservatives are always saying things like healthcare reform and gay marriage will throw this nation into "moral depravity", but really it's just a secret code for making social progress, and they just don't want you to know it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:32 PM on Mar. 22, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• That's because it undermines their biased stance. If they say it leads to moral depravity or goes against God they get more clueless sheep supporting their bigoted views.

Anonymous

• lol yeah ok smoke another
    Anonymous

• You've GOT to be kidding me!

They are saying EXACTLY what it is! MORAL DEPRAVITY!
    Anonymous

• Were you aware that just because you think something is a fact that doesnt make it so?
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 5:44 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• Your opinion does not automatically become fact.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 5:46 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• Doesn't surprise me.
    Anonymous

• Well, to be honest, I don't think there is ANYONE who will say that we don't need health care reform, It is just that this bill is not health care reform. It is a bill to give the Fed Government yet more control over us citizens who just don't seem to know that Washington has the answer to every little problem in our lives, those of us who believe in personal responsibility and a little thing called LIBERTY.

I would not associate the phrase Moral Depravity with the Health Care Bill. Some of the supporters of it, maybe, but not the concept, or the bill itself.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 6:02 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• Sorry, no it isn't. It means just what it means when I, a conservative says it, you are morally depraved. Which, often, spills over into how you view social issues.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 6:10 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• I Agree, OP..

Anonymous

• and leave the debates among adults

In that case you'll need to leave the debate as well.
    Anonymous