Do you think $50,000/yr is a good salary?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:33 PM on Mar. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

• it's a hell of alot better than the $20.000 were making be thankful for anything you get right now
    Anonymous

• Growing up I thought that was a great salary; I make a little more than that now, as does my husband, and we definitely are not wealthy! It's an ok salary; it's comfortable, but it's not going to put you in the nicest neighborhood in town.
    Anonymous

• Considering I make a little less than $18,000.00 a year.....Your darn right it is.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 5:40 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• Good for what? Depends on what you do for a living and what level you are at in your career.
    Kimposible

Answer by Kimposible at 5:40 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• Well DH makes a little closer to 60k now but his salary has been right along 50k for the last 5 years. It is not fabulous but it is manageable in the area where we live, if we lived in another area we would have it really rough. It really depends where you live, some places 50k is just not enough to survive on.

For us in our local economy we are able to own a home and two cars, pay for sports, scouts and dance and I can be a SAHM as long as I am frugal with our money. I have to use coupons and shop sales/stockpile the pantry. We use every money saving trick there is to make it work. Once the cars are paid off (within the next year) it will be comfortable and I can relax about our budget a little more.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 5:45 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• I think its really good. Specially if you live in the south, anywhere else prolly not.
    BrittanyD07

Answer by BrittanyD07 at 5:46 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• It depends on where you live. It wasn't enough when we lived in SoCal, but if we made that now, in OK, we'd be alright.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 5:46 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• Absolutely...heck of a lot better than the 15,000 we made last year...I'd be happy with that
    Anonymous

• Depending on how many people you're supporting and where you live, it could be just fine. We live on a lot less.
    Anonymous

• It's not too bad!
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 6:06 PM on Mar. 22, 2010