Do your kids believe in Santa, Easter Bunny, Tooth Fairy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:33 PM on Mar. 22, 2010 in General Parenting

• No, my kids believe in God.
    Auntiemom410

Answer by Auntiemom410 at 12:46 AM on Mar. 23, 2010

• Well, my daughter is only 1, but I plan on telling her that these characters are the mascots for holidays, not real things. I will tell her that just like we have mascots for sports teams, we have mascots for holidays.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 5:34 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• Im of the christian faith. I tell my kids that santa is just a cartoon charactor and that it is really about jesus's bday and easter i let them watch easter bunny shows but they know it is the resorection of jesus and the tooth fairy, sure in no way does that take away the value of God
    dkej242

Answer by dkej242 at 5:38 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• My son did. He loved it. He wasn't freaked out to find any different.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 5:39 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• My son is 3 and yes he believes in Santa and the Easter Bunny. He is not yet aware of the Tooth Fairy but when the time comes I will let him believe in that too.
    Kimposible

Answer by Kimposible at 5:42 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• Yes, of course!
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 5:54 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• My son's do but my older one will soon be questioning if they are real. He is 8.
    JAIRATRACI

Answer by JAIRATRACI at 6:02 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• She is only a year old but she will for as long as I can help it! We are Catholic and she will know holidays are about Jesus and God but why not add some fun to it? I think these characters are great for kids to believe in because it makes them believe that anything is possible.
    imamommmmyyy

Answer by imamommmmyyy at 6:30 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• Yes
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 6:38 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• Yes... We believe in it all.
    - She knows Jesus was born on Christmas & that is why Santa brings us a gift to remember & Jesus is in all our hearts..
    - She gets an Easter Basket on Easter & Easter Hunts & Gets pics made with the easter bunny. She is 3 so havent gotten to any resurrection stuff yet.. maybe this year we will figure it out somehow? But we will start teaching her the "meaning" behind the egg & the bunny, ect
    -toothfairy will visit her some day.
    -Halloween is HUGE, since she was born on that day! Its been our fav. holiday before dd was thought of. and now its just even better. Halloween is a family time for us. Trick R Treating... Nothing about the "adult" side of being dirty/slutty like some do. *

(i will say as much as I love our holidays I get aggrivated because I know most of the origins of christian holidays are really taken from pagan & it saddens me.. )
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 8:21 PM on Mar. 22, 2010