• In the Spotlight:

through sickness and in health.. ha

Ok so since last thursday i have had the stomach flu, i have never been so sick before in my life, everytime i get up im running to the bathroom, gross!! anyways i have a 6 months old daughter and a new puppy, well since i have been sick my dh has been "taking care of them" the house is a mess the house is loud and all i want to do is sleep. My problem is that my dh has not been taking care of anything, he expects me to still make appointments go out to dinner and take the baby at night. Ok when my dh was sick i went and got him medicine i propped his head up i made him soup and still kept the house clean and the baby as quiet as possible. How do i get my dh to know how to take care of someone when they are sick and that it means to keep the house in order?

xxSummaxx13

Asked by xxSummaxx13 at 5:36 PM on Mar. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• first of all, i know how frustrating that can be. but, doing all of that and keeping the house in order is our job, so we're good at it. we're used to not having our husbands home during the day, and taking care of everything. most husbands are not. they are good at their jobs, we are good at ours. it took me a long time to realize this, but i should just be grateful my dh is taking care of the kids and they're being fed. the house will be fine. my dh my put cartoons on for the kids (which used to drive me nuts) but he's taking care of them so i can rest.
    Michelle451

Answer by Michelle451 at 5:39 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• Make him a list. Tell him, "I can't do these things right now and they must be done. I know it's a lot of work, but I need your help when I'm sick."

It's not negotiable. It's nothing to fight about. This is what marriage is-- being there.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 5:40 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• Um, housework can wait. He is taking care of the child and the dog, thats pretty much exhausting all on its own. Looks like your looking for perfection. Its not like he isn't doing anything. I think you should appreciate what he is doing and if you look around the house and something isn't done than, well, you do it. Stop sweating the small things.
    Anonymous