Conceiving after miscarriage.

March 10th I had a vaginal ultrasound which showed a healthy 7 week baby with heartbeat, within 10 minutes of my ultrasound I started bleeding. I assumed the bleeding was from a sensitive cervix and went on with my day, that night I started having mild cramping. I woke up the next morning bleeding heavy and having "contraction" like pain. I went to the doctor to see that the baby was still in utero and no longer had a heartbeat, I contracted for about 8 hours before I finally passed the baby. My husband and I would like to try again for another, the doctor says to wait at least 1 cycle before we get pregnant again. I would like to wait the one cycle, however am wondering has anyone got pregnant before they had a cycle after miscarriage and carried to term?

Luvinmycoastie

Asked by Luvinmycoastie at 5:45 PM on Mar. 22, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I did. My baby grew to six weeks and I carried it for 8 weeks. I had a miscarriage but no D&C, my body did everything on it's own. My OB said for me to have 3 normal cycles before we could try again. I got pregnant about 12-14 days after i miscarried. I was so nervous that pregnancy. I was so afraid I would miscarry all over again. But I didn't. I carried the pregnancy all the way to term and had a healthy 8 lb. 13 oz. little boy we named Grant who is 4 years old now! Best of luck to you!
    CaseyErin

Answer by CaseyErin at 5:51 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• Personally I would wait 2-3 cycles. I had a miscarriage at 8 weeks baby stopped growing at 6 I had one cycle and got pregnant again. Then I had another miscarriage at 13 weeks. My doctor thinks it might have been because I only had one cycle. There are many mixed reviews on it, but according to my doctor you have about a 50 percent chance of miscarring in the first 3 months after a miscarriage. I know there are many people who disagree with this, but have been through 2 miscarriages back to back I would HATE for someone else to go through that!
    mazonmom

Answer by mazonmom at 8:01 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• I would also wait at least 2 cycles. I had a miscarriage and was told to wait at least 2 cycles. Your body needs to heal after a miscarriage and more importantly, so do you.
    LongBone

Answer by LongBone at 2:11 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• Thank you for all your responses. I decided not to wait since we are on a timeline, if I don't get pregnant before June then no more babies for me. I discussed it with another doctor and they said the only reason why they say to wait the 1 cycle is so they will know when your due date is, and as long as I feel ready then go ahead. Wish me luck!
    Luvinmycoastie

Answer by Luvinmycoastie at 12:33 AM on Mar. 25, 2010