Watching Food, Inc for the first time...

And I already, just 9 minutes into it, am very surprised. I can't believe the treatment of the baby chicks. Disgusting. Anyone watched this film, does it get worse? I'm assuming it does...talk about animal cruelty.

AprilDJC

Asked by AprilDJC at 5:55 PM on Mar. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Yes, it will get worse... but it is worth the watch! It has changed the way I think about EVERYTHING!! I was distrubed for a few days afterward, but now I feel more empowered every time I go to the grocery store!!
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 6:13 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• It will change your whole out look on food, I havent gotten to sit and watch it all the way through yet but I keep trying lol I have seen pieces of it but those were enough to make me see my grocery store in a whole new way.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 6:04 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• Oh yes it has gotten worse! The cow part, with all the ecoli and how they are raised and slaughtered, DISGUSTING.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 6:19 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• i was very suprised that it did NOT get very graphic. Yes there are a few disturbing parts, but it wasnt as bad as some of the Utube stuff I have seen...
    There are a few others out there to watch... "Food In America" is one, also "Maxed Out" -- its about credit cards but its still an eye opener..
    If you start diving into more of how all our food is grown (veggies, meats,ect) and how money is ran in this country you will just feel horrible!
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 8:01 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• I watched it. It really opened my eyes but it can be kinda graphic.
    Sillybillymel

Answer by Sillybillymel at 10:51 PM on Mar. 22, 2010